Tuesday, January 20, 2009

44th presidential inauguration

We've got a televison in the conference room on my office floor, and so a few coworkers and I watched Obama being sworn in. Loved his speech.... Inspiration! Hard work! SCIENCE!

My favorite part, though, was how giddy-nervous Obama AND Chief Justice Roberts were during the actual swearing-in part. And I could swear Obama giggled just a tiny bit right when he stood up. It was just an awesome, human moment among all the pomp and circumstance. I think he's crazy for wanting to take up the mantle of Chief Executive during a time like this, but I'm excited that he's excited. I think that speaks more about the work he'll do during his term than any pretty words could.

Although I have to say, I'm fairly certain that Aretha's hat was the most exuberant party in attendance:


"EAT MY SPARKLES, NAYSAYERS!" it seemed to say.

No comments: