Thursday, July 30, 2009

citizens of Atlanta, untie!

Throw off the shackles of corporate chain restaurant PR! Shake your fist at that lame bar in VaHighlands whose owner happens to have a lot of friends! Cry havoc and let loose the dogs of VOTING.

Tomorrow, being Friday, the 31st of July, will be the last day to vote in Creative Loafing's Best Of Atlanta 2009! You should care about this because I really can't stand to live here anymore if my fellow citizens vote for fucking Outback Steakhouse again because some of my friends maybe have a decent shot at winning things because it's your community, copatriots! And yes, you already support your favorite local establishments with your hard- and/or barely-earned dollars, but probably those proprietors & creators don't drag their asses into that restaurant/pub/club/shop/bar/theater/studio every day just for your dollars. Probably they also need affection. Appreciation. Sweet, soft luvins. (And your dollars.) (Except for Dave Blanchard, Mike Gallagher, and Tom Moore. They're some kind of success robots.)

The voting form is actually completely nifty... you can submit your answers, and then (assuming you've entered your email address correctly) come back later to change them/submit more. This is helpful if, like me, you find it mildly impossible to remember the names of the places you go every week off the top of your head.

I'm not gonna tell you who all I voted for or who you should vote for, but you can (in general!) assume that I pimped the holy cats out of the nice people listed on my linky sidebar under "Local", and that I think you're a lamer if you didn't do the same. But hey, I don't know your life! You go vote for whoever & whatever you want.



p.s. Does anyone else always read "unite" as "untie" and kind of prefer the nonsensicalness of the latter?

No comments: