Wednesday, August 5, 2009

last day for Stays Crunchy pre-orders!

Briefly, because other deadlines of my own loom:

Today is the last day EVER to pre-order Stays Crunchy in Milk, which is that book that I edited last year! Y'know, the one that's my first full-novel edity gig to ever be published legitimately and not by a vanity press. (It has an ISBN and everything!) It's also the book that I proofread basically last Friday, which I consider myself a grammatical rockstar for pulling off.

If you watched too many Saturday morning cartoons in the '80s and ALSO have a bit of angst about the kinds of paradigm shifts that brought you into (arguable) adulthood, then you are a person who should consider reading this book. You'd probably dig it.

Pre-orders are rad for you because the author will sign your copy, include an art print from the jacket/interior plate artist, and enter you to win a few prizes. Pre-orders are rad for us because the more we get, the less Adam will cry into his beard as he falls asleep each night.

Preorder choices!





Hey also, I was serious about my prize incentive for finding typos: If you email me about a funny-ha-ha typographical or grammatical error that you find in the book, I will totally buy you an awesome t-shirt. If I agree that it's funny. This is not an excuse for me to not buy anyone t-shirts, it's an excuse for me to judge your sense of humor have a good time poking fun at the fallibility of the writing & editing process. For example, "you left off the E in the word 'the'" is not funny. "Dude there shouldn't've been a comma there" is probably not funny but could be, depending on the exact placement of the errant comma. Writing "mutated pastel" instead of "muted pastel" is hilarious.

2 comments:

Adam P. Knave said...

Oh man. NOW I'm gonna ask for a "tshirts bought" count like, every week, and cry in my beard as I go to sleep.

Lauren V. said...

I'll put up a little ticker-counter! "T-shirts bought and tears shed into beard"